INSTRUCTIONS FOR ASSET WORKS
1. Go to www.assetworks.com/login
2. Database: USM
Service: Asset Management
· Click Sign In
3. Sign In with your userid and password
· Click Sign In
4. To research an asset: Go to the Home Tab
· Under the Quick Search Box Enter the Asset Number (you do not need to enter the prefix 256-)
· Click Search – This will give you the Description and Serial # of the asset.
· Click the pencil icon under view for more information or to change info.
· The only information you are allowed to change is: Building (name or number), Room #, and Person Responsible. If you make any changes click Save Asset at the top.
5. To receive or create a transfer: go to the Transfers Tab
· For receiving a transfer enter the Transfer # in the Quick Search box.
· Under View click the pencil icon.
· At the bottom of the page click Receive.
· In order: Change the Status to Received, Enter the Building, Room, and Person Responsible, Click Save
· For creating a transfer: click the plus sign (+) on Create Internal Transfer Enter the Location/Person. Use the magnifying glass for a list of departments and property contacts.
· Under remarks note where the asset is going and if you know who it is for.
· Click Create.
· Enter Asset Numbers to be transferred (one at a time) and click Add Asset.
· When finished adding assets click Print Detail and send printout with asset to new location. Exit.
6. To run reports: Under the Reports Tab.
· Next, under Report Name. Click the red arrow for Assets by Location Report filtered by Location.
· For Department # change the question mark (?) to 256
· For Location Code change the question mark (?) to your Department Code (ex.130002).
· Click Run Report.
· Click Print to PDF Print.
· This report will give you a list of all the active assets in your department.
7. Under the Reports Tab.
· Then under Categories (on the left side).
· Click Transfer Reports.
· Click Transfers (Open, Internal)
· Click Run.
· Look through this report once a month to see if you have any transfers either created or received, that have not been accepted.