USM requires itemized receipts; therefore gasoline receipts are required to have the number of gallons and price per gallon printed in addition to the total amount of the fuel sale.
Pre-Pay” Receipts are not acceptable. The receipt must have the number of gallons and price per gallon printed in addition to the total amount of the fuel sale. So if you pre-pay with cash, you will have to request and obtain the final receipt,
showing the actual fuel sale, including the gallons purchased and price per gallon.
As you will notice in the example below the actual fuel purchase was less than the
- Travelers must always obtain receipts, except when per diem travel allowances are
claimed. Not all receipts must be submitted with a travel expense report, but may
be requested for verification or audit. Itemized receipts should include:
- Name and address of the vendor
- Date of service
- Description of goods/service
- Amount paid for each individual item
Credit card slips and statements are not acceptable in lieu of receipts.
- Receipts are required with the travel voucher for the following expenses, regardless
of dollar amount:
- Airline fares
- Hotel itemized expenses
- Rental car expenses
- Breakfast, luncheon, or dinner meetings unless claiming a per diem
- Registration Fees
- Visa/Passport fees
- No expense should be approved if a required receipt is missing.
- Receipts are not required for the following expenses if individual amounts are less
- Highway tolls
- Mass Transit tickets
- Taxi fares
- Airport vans