Skip navigation

Professional Licensure Disclosures

Licensure Disclosures




Please click on the link to the left of the program name to view the link to the program page on which is listed a section labeled Professional Licensure Disclosure.  This will indicate one of the three options: the program does meet licensure in all states, the program does not meet the requirements for licensure in all states or a determination cannot be made as to whether the program leads to licensure in the all states.  For these purposes, states include the District of Columbia and the US protectorates, as defined in 34 CFR §600.2

Programs Not Listed- If you have questions regarding any program not listed on the Professional Licensure page, please contact the Director of the School within which the program resides. 

Additional Individual Licensure Disclosures

The following individual disclosures are being sent out as indicated below:

Prior to prospective student enrollment, students are being advised as to what determination has been made in terms of whether the program meets the student's home state PLC pre-education requirements.

Each enrolled and prospective student is receiving a notice of any adverse actions filed against the institution by a state or accrediting agency:   30-day notification.

Each enrolled and prospective student is being advised is a program in which they are enrolled ceases to meet PLC pre-education requirements: 14-day notification.

Other Required Disclosures

The University of Southern Mississippi provides a process for enrolled students and the public to submit non-academic complaints.  The process for such complaints is contained in the Student Grievance Policy.  Student Complaints can be submitted electronically using the Maxient Student Complaint form

Within two years of the incident regarding the complaint, individuals who are enrolled in distance education offerings (i.e. online courses and supervised field experiences) and who are unable to resolve the issue internally can also submit their complaints to the NC-SARA portal agent at the following address or by completing the Mississippi Commission on College Accreditation (MCCA) Student Complaint form, which should be mailed to the portal agent at the following address:

Menia Dykes

3825 Ridgewood Road

Jackson, MS 39211-6453

Additional contact information for the NC-SARA portal agent is as follows:

Telephone: 601.432.6372

Fax: 601.432.6225


Federal Program Integrity rules issued by the U.S. Department of Education require institutions to provide to all students including students and prospective students contact information needed to file a complaint with the accrediting agency and with relevant state agencies.  To see the list that includes contact info for all 50 states, Puerto Rico and the protectorates, please see the SARA page.  

 For additional consumer disclosures see the Student Consumer Information Disclosures page.

 As of February 10, 2020, The University of Southern Mississippi has no previous, current or pending adverse actions initiated by any state agencies. 

 As of February 10, 2020, The University of Southern Mississippi has no previous, current, or pending adverse actions initiated by any accrediting agencies.

 The University of Southern Mississippi follows the refund policy published by the Mississippi Institutes of Higher Learning (IHL).

National Entities (Licensing Boards or Accreditors)

Due to state sovereignty, state professional licensing board have unique standards for occupations that require either licensure or certification. “Occupational licensing laws” establish these “standards” “which may include specific education or training, work experience, examinations, background checks and professional organization membership reequipments” (Smith, Michaluk, Hall & Kanode, 2018, p. 3). To become licensed, prospective licensees must “demonstrate that they meet all the requirement professional standards” and pay the “registration and licensing fees” (p. 3). Across the United States, “over 1,000 different occupations require “occupational licensing” (p. 3). After becoming licensed, those who obtain a license agree to “adhere to a strict professional code of conduct” and are monitored as well as typically required [to undertake] ongoing training [along with] reporting” (p. 4).

Several states require licensure- Oklahoma, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Utah

National Council for Therapeutic Recreation Certification

Additional Professional Licensing Board Resources

Professional Licensing Boards by State

To search type in the term licensure in the agency box. 


Counseling Professionals 

Education Professions 

General Licensure 

Medical Professions

Respiratory Care 


Arizona State Board of Behavioral Health Examiners – Counseling


Arizona Medical Board - Medical Licensure 

Arizona Department of Education - Teaching Certification 

Arizona State Board of Technical Registration – Technical Licensure 

Delaware Division of Professional Regulation - Professional Standards

Delaware Division of Professional Regulation - Professional Counselor of
mental Health Licensure

Delaware Division of Professional Regulation - Board of Medical Licensure
and Discipline 

State of Delaware - National Board Certifications – Educators 

District of Columbia Department of Health (includes Medical and
Counseling Licensure) 

District of Columbia Office of the State Superintendent of Education -
Educator Certification 

Florida Business and Professional Regulations - General Licensure

Florida Board of Medicine - Medical Licensure 

Florida Department of Education – Educator Licensure 

Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage & Family Therapy and
Mental Health Counseling – Licensure 

Louisiana Licensed Professional Counselors Board of Examiners -
Counselor Licensure 

Louisiana Department of Education - Educator Licensure 

Louisiana State Board of Medical Examiners - Medical Licensure 

State of Louisiana Professional and Occupational Licenses - Professional

State of Maine Board of Licensure in Medicine - Medical Licensure

Maine Department of Education – Educator Licensure

State of Maine Professional & Financial Regulation - Counseling Licensure 

 Does not have a website that links to other state boards.