Applications are submitted through Workflow. To apply/submit an application, log in
to Digital Measures, click on Workflow, then select award application.
to access Digital Measures, then Click on Workflow. Contact Allison%20Gillespie
Each year the Mississippi Legislature sponsors the HEADWAE (Higher Education Appreciation
Day - Working for Academic Excellence) in Jackson, MS. Activities for HEADWAE are
coordinated by the Mississippi Association of Colleges and supported by the corporate
community. Click here for more information about HEADWAE.
A faculty member who has exhibited outstanding accomplishments in the areas of research,
teaching and service and an outstanding student from each participating member institution
of the Mississippi Association of Colleges will be recognized during the HEADWAE events.
A Southern Miss university-wide committee recommends an outstanding faculty member
to the Provost and President during the fall semester of each year.
The HEADWAE recipients (one faculty member and one student) from Southern Miss will
be recognized by the Mississippi Legislature during the HEADWAE ceremonies in Jackson,
MS in February 2020.
- Applications for HEADWAE are due to the Provost by the published deadline on the Provost's calendar.
- HEADWAE Review Committee selects Southern Mississippi faculty nominee by October 31, 2019.
- HEADWAE faculty nominee submits online form, final materials and photo to the IHL
in early November. Information will be provided to the recipient by the Office of the Provost to complete
- Cover Letter (indicating the desire to apply and the faculty member’s name, title,
department, college, years of service at Southern Mississippi and years of service
in higher education)
- Current Vita
- Two-page summary of accomplishments (organized in the areas of teaching, research/creative
activities, and service).
- Additional supporting documents will not be reviewed unless specifically requested
by the University HEADWAE Review Committee