Summer Sessions at Southern Miss
Make the most of your summer – get ahead, get finished.
Summer sessions are a great way to shorten the time it takes to earn your degree. Among the benefits:
- The summer sessions are in a shorter timetable and are concentrated sessions.
- Class sizes are typically smaller.
- You can take one course at a time and focus your energy on managing your time, not juggling several courses.
We offer more than 1,900 courses in 50 subjects. Summer Sessions can be in a classroom, online or anywhere in the world. With our variety of schedules, you can still work during the summer and take classes.
Specific class meeting times are available here or login to SOAR (continuing students).
Who is eligible?
Summer sessions at USM aren’t just for Southern Miss students. Current students can get ahead; new students can get a jump start on their degree.
If you are home from college for the summer, you can take some courses here and transfer the credits. If you have a 12-month lease on your apartment – live there.
Whatever your reasons are for taking summer school, Southern Miss is the place to be.
If you are entering college for the first time, summer sessions are a great way to get adjusted to college courses, get ahead on your pre-requisites and begin your experience at Southern Miss.
- Thinking about going to medical school? Take biology and see if you like it.
- Interested in learning to speak a foreign language? Take your 101 foreign language course.
- Want to learn how the mind works, take Psychology 101.
Southern Miss around the World: There are over 15 study abroad programs offered in the summer. Qualifying high school students can take courses and earn 3 semester hour credit in Spanish.