Wellness on Wheels
An a la cart menu is available to enhance wellness in your work environment. Choose from the menu, then select a date and time for a member of our fitness and wellness team to come to your place. Beginning August 18, 2015, classes are $20 per half hour and must be paid in advance. Payment can be made via cash, check, credit card or interdepartmental invoice. You can mail the payment to Recreational Sports at 118 College Dr. #5115 Hattiesburg, MS 39406-0001 or stop by the Sales Desk located inside the Payne Center on campus. Most classes are 30 minutes long, however once we receive your estimated class attendance, a member of our staff can confirm the length of time for your group size.
- Feel like you are running in circles from task to task and not getting much done? Enjoy a 15-minute session in your chair using yoga and breathing exercises to release stress.
WHAT'S YOUR MAGIC NUMBER?
Learn all about “good” numbers, such as blood pressure, resting heart rate, cholesterol, BMI, waist-hip ratio, and more! Not in a good range? We have the tips on how to get you there.
FITNESS ON THE GO
- Take advantage of the little time, space, and/or equipment that you DO have and eliminate all excuses! Learn hands-on skills and tips to squeeze in a workout whenever and wherever you are.
MOBILIZING MOTIVATION: FIND IT AND KEEP IT!
- Discuss ways to channel motivation in order to start or continue your health journey and learn how to make sure you don't lose it.
- You can't always trust what you hear on the news or read on Facebook! Come debunk some of the common health myths and bring any questions that you may have to our wellness professionals.
- Exercise and everyday life can be hard on the body. Pick up hand-on steps on how to prevent injuries in the gym and throughout the day.
- Want to get moving with your friends, classmates, or co-workers? Don’t want to leave home? We have instructors available who can come to you! (Attn: Need minimum of 7 days advance notice.)
Wellness on Wheels Event Request Form - Click link to register!
See something you like for your office staff? Give me a call. Want to invite another office to join yours? Be my guest. Have an idea for something else your office needs? Run it by me. There's probably someone on campus or in the community who can help.