The M.S. degree requires a minimum of thirty-four (34) hours of graduate work:
- A minimum of fifteen (15) semester hours in mathematics or a science emphasis area-biology, chemistry, earth and environmental sciences, and physics.
- A minimum of three (3) semester hours in a related discipline
- Six (6) semester hours in professional education (REF)
- Seven (7) semester hours in science and mathematics education
- Comprehensive written and oral exam or portfolio assessment conducted by a three-person graduate committee