Event Planning Steps
Do you need a guide for planning your event? Use the steps below to get started and then check out the Event Checklist to stay on track to host a successful event!
All registered student organizations should follow the steps below in order to successfully hold events on campus.
- Submit the appropriate request form for the event. Found by clicking on "Forms" in the left hand column of this page.
- For events in the Union Complex, you will receive an confirmation from Event Services within 2-4 business days. For events elsewhere, you will receive confirmation from Leadership and Student Involvement within 2-4 business days.
- Remember: you must have an email confirmation for your event to be officially registered. Until then, you cannot advertise for your event.
- The sooner you submit forms, the better. Forms are always to be submitted by Mondays at 4 p.m. for events the following week. Special event forms must be submitted one month prior to the date of the event. Late forms are not accepted.
Need help advertising?
- All student organization events that have completed event forms and are registered get added to the involvement calendar. View it by clicking here.
- Submit your event to the weekly Newsletter by clicking here.
- Submit your advertisement to run on the Eagle Vision screens in the Union Complex. Click here.
- Submit your advertisement to run in the weekly announcements by University Communications. Click here.
- Submit your advertisement to run on the University's electronic message board at the front of campus. Click here.
- Sign up to table by completing a "Tabling/Sales" form by clicking here.
- Post a flyer on any approved University bulletin board around campus.
- Use Social Media: Create a Facebook page for the event. Tweet about it! Create a QR code for students to scan for information.