Alcohol and Drug Programs and Resources
Eagle Check-Up at USM
Eagle Check-Up is offered at Moffitt Health Center by a Certified Health Education
- A prevention program focused on students who use alcohol and/or marijuana.
- Goals include (a) offering flexible, affordable prevention, (b) reducing hazardous
alcohol and marijuana use, and (c) promoting utilization of campus services.
- Emphasizes harm reduction, as opposed to abstinence-based messaging.
- Two to three session model (in-person assessment & one to two feedback/problem solving
- Additional services can range from follow-up booster sessions, referral to on-going
alcohol treatment or other university services.
Instructions for students:
- Email Lisa%20Wright%20%C2%A0
- Include Eagle Check-Up in the subject line.
- Identify as a USM student and state you are referred to the Eagle Check-Up Program.
Please allow at least 4-6 weeks from making the referral for the student to complete
Use the Resources for Improving Student Well-Being to help you find a resource that can help if you find yourself in need.