Collegiate Recovery Community
What is the Collegiate Recovery Community?
The Collegiate Recovery Community (CRC) is a program for students who are in recovery from addictive disorders including alcohol, drugs and eating disorders. Students can engage with and seek support from students fighting the same battles as well as have access to supportive faculty and staff members on our campus. The program is designed to assist these students with any struggles they may have in maintaining sobriety while being a successful college student.
Benefits of the Collegiate Recovery Community:
- Participation in AA and other 12 step meetings*
- Access to a private CRC house where they may relax, study or host meetings
- Access to faculty and staff available for personal and academic support
Benefits to Come:
- Recovery seminars offering class credit
- Organized health and wellness opportunities
- Service-learning opportunities
*Anyone can attend AA and other 12 step meetings; they are not limited to CRC members.
CRC membership is confidential
Requirements for CRC
- Be enrolled as a student at The University of Southern Mississippi with a minimum of 3 semester hours
- Have documentation of completion of a treatment program or involvement of a support group from a sponsor
- Have a commitment to recovery
- Demonstrate respect for self and others
- Be an active participant in a supportive recovery program
- Engage in activities and service projects that foster the development of a healthy lifestyle
How do I get involved with the CRC?
If you are a student interested in being a part of the CRC you can complete an online application for membership as well as send documentation of a completed treatment program or a letter from your sponsor stating you are active in recovery.
If you are a faculty or staff member who would like to provide support to students in this program please contact Lisa Wright at 601.266.5340 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Deena Crawford at 601.266.6016 or email@example.com.
For more information or questions about CRC contact:
Deena Crawford with Student Counseling Services
Lisa Wright with Student Health Services