Who are Wellness Ambassadors?:
Wellness Ambassadors are a group of students from various majors who help promote health and well being on the Southern Miss campus. Wellness Ambassadors are leaders with skills and talents that assist professional health educators in designing, promoting, and participating in health events and campaigns on campus.
- Complete DPH 490
- Attend bi-weekly meetings
- Volunteer a minimum of 20-25 hours a semester (this includes planning sessions, presentations, health programs, and promotional activities)
- Maintain a 2.5 GPA
- Design, organize, and participate in campus-wide awareness activities and health education programming.
- Design and present outreach programs.
- Staff informational tables.
- Design and distribute flyers, brochures, and other promotional materials.
- Lead discussions about health topics with peers in a nonjudgmental way by providing facts, not personal opinion.
- Provide resources for students to obtain further information or help with a certain health topic.
- Act as a positive role model for living a healthy lifestyle.
Benefits of being a Wellness Ambassadors:
- Gain extensive knowledge about various health concerns affecting college students including mental health, alcohol, sexual health, sexual assault, nutrition, fitness, body image, and healthy relationships.
- Become part of a highly skilled, diverse team of students committed to providing accurate, nonjudgmental college-health information to the Southern Miss community.
- Obtain academic credit through training.
- Develop teaching, communication, presentation, and group facilitation skills.
- Receive a scholarship after one semester of involvement.
To apply to be a Wellness Ambassador you must complete an online application.
Applications dates to be determined.