- April 15 for fall/academic year
- October 15 for spring applicants
- May 1 for fall/academic year
- November 1 for spring applicants
Click here to start your application.
- Carefully read all of the below information before beginning the application process on Horizons! If you register under the wrong section, you will need to withdraw your application and start over.
- Register by clicking on the "Registration for Study Abroad". On the next screen (see below), make sure to select "No."
- Complete the registration. Then,loginand select "Visiting International Exchange Student Application" and click Apply.
- Download and print the Letter of Good Standing to give to your home institution’s study abroad advisor to fill out and return directly to USM. Please ask him/her to scan and email it to Hannah Jones.
- Download, print, and complete the affidavit_of_support_ay2018_j1.pdf. Please scan and email it to Hannah Jones.
- Request that your home institution’s study abroad advisor senda copy of your official transcript via email to Hannah Jones.
- All applicants who are from countries other than the United Kingdom, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Ireland, and certain Caribbean Islands, must submit scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) may be submitted in place of the TOEFL, for undergraduate admission. A minimum TOEFL score of 525 (PBT), 197 (CBP), or 71 (IBT) is required for undergraduate admission.
An IELTS minimum score of 6.0 is also acceptable.
Coordinator, Study Abroad
+1 601 266 5626