Please read the following steps carefully before starting the application process.
- Create an account on our application software, Horizons, by clicking the “Apply Now” button in the top right of this screen. Then, select "Registration for Study Abroad."
If you have previously applied for a program, please use the same username and password.
- Once you've created your Horizons' account, log-in and apply for the program of your choice.
- Pay $250 program deposit. Deposit must be received before application can be processed. Deposits can be paid by check, cash, and money order or via debit/credit card in person or by calling the Office of Study Abroad, 601.266.4344.
Program deposits are non-refundable unless you are not eligible or the program/class is cancelled.
- Non-USM students, send all official transcripts, Home Institution Clearance Form (HICF) and immunization records to the Office of Study Abroad. Transcripts are accepted electronically and should be sent directly from your Registrar to firstname.lastname@example.org or physical copies may be mailed to Office of Study Abroad, 118 College Drive # 5069, Hattiesburg MS, 39406-0001. Find the HICF here. For more details about immunization records, click here.
- Upon acceptance into your program, complete the post-acceptance portion of your application.
It can take up to 10 business days to process your application.