Arrival & Orientation
As information becomes available, specifics for fall and spring will be posted here or emailed directly to students.
- Generally we require students to arrive about 1 week prior to the first day of classes.
- Exchange students will be separated into groups with our Global Ambassador (GA) team. The GA's answer any questions the students may have, show them around campus, introduce them to Hattiesburg/USM, etc.
- In the days following the students’ arrival, there will be a general International Student Services Orientation as well as an orientation specific to Exchange Students. This exchange student orientation includes (but is not limited to) a campus tour, class registration, required medical exams at University Health Services, etc.
- Exchange students are given a specific date to arrive in order to be able to plan for transportation. If a student is unable to arrive into a local airport on the day requested, he/she will have to arrange for taxi service and this is very expensive.
- In order to plan for a pick up and have time to check into a dorm or apartment, students need to book a flight that arrives into either Gulfport, MS (GPT) or the Hattiesburg Laurel Regional Airport (PIB) by 5:30 PM.
- International Programs Shuttle fee for Gulfport pick up is $65
- International Programs Shuttle fee for Hattiesburg/Laurel pick up is $20
We will also coordinate a group trip to a shopping center for essentials.