The basics

Students who are accepted in to a study abroad program may apply for financial aid if they meet federal requirements for a guaranteed student loan.

Southern Miss students requiring financial aid should visit the Office of International Programs before requesting a financial aid application from the university's Financial Aid Office. 

Academic scholarships, pell grants, faculty/staff dependent scholarships, faculty/staff tuition waivers and graduate assistantships are also accepted. Students are advised to begin the financial aid process well in advance of any deadlines.

Consortium students should contact the school office listed to find out how to apply for financial aid. Non-Southern Miss/consortium school students should apply for financial aid through the school in which they are currently enrolled and seeking a degree. Financial aid agreements between Southern Miss and other schools are available, if requested.