Peer Advisor Application
Apply here to be a Study Abroad Peer Advisor during the 2016-2017 academic year! Students interested in becoming a Peer Advisor must complete and submit an online application by Friday, August 5th.
- Applicants must be available to participate in a required orientation, which will be on Monday, August 15th (if you aren't available for this date, we will set up an alternate time).
- Previous participation on a Southern Miss study abroad program
- Ability to take initiative, to advise students in a truthful and accurate manner, to uphold the policies and procedures of USM and the OSA, and to represent the office in a professional manner
- A positive attitude, open mind, and enthusiasm for experiences abroad!
- Commitment to work the entire semester or academic year
- Willingness to work flexible hours (including weekends and evenings)
Students must complete and submit an online application by Friday, August 5th.
Please note that an email of support from your study abroad director/professor is due by midnight, Friday, August 8th, 2016 as well.
The Office of Study Abroad will inform applicants of the selection results by Thursday, August 11th, 2016.