Applying for Graduation
Ready to apply for graduation from Southern Miss? Congratulations! Here’s how:
1. Log in to SOAR and navigate to SELF SERVICE -> STUDENT CENTER.
2. In the drop-down box under ACADEMICS, choose APPLY FOR GRADUATION.
3. Read instructions carefully. All fields must be completed, and the application must be typed, as handwritten applications will not be processed.
4. If you have any problems printing the application, you may have to clear your browser’s cache and/or disable any pop-up blockers that are running. If you've done both these things, and still can't print, please email your name, ID number and anticipated graduation semester to Dana.Berry@usm.edu for assistance.
5. From the same drop-down menu on your Student Center page in SOAR, print a copy of your ADVISEMENT/DEGREE PROGRESS REPORT.
6. Make an appointment with your advisor to review your application. Make sure you take your Advisement/Degree Progress Report with you to the appointment. Your advisor will need to sign your application, and if you are double-majoring or minoring, you will need signatures from your advisors in those departments as well. Honors College students will need to complete the Honors Degree Application and obtain a signature, and Licensure students will need signature from Teacher Education (Owings-McQuagge Hall – room 121).
7. Once you have gathered all the appropriate signatures, you'll turn your application in to the Dean's office in your college for processing.
NOTE: If you do not clear graduation for the term listed on your application, you must complete a new application for the new graduation term and a $50 fee will be assessed.