Polymer Science and Engineering
Why choose Polymer Science and Engineering?
Polymer Science and Engineering is a multidisciplinary field that focuses on the structure and processing of polymeric materials and how these relate to properties and performance. The degree program provides a wealth of opportunities for our students to engage in the field beyond the classroom. There are a variety of pioneering research and design topics for students to explore, including aerospace composites, optoelectronic materials, and personal protection for military and sporting goods, among others.
What Will I Learn?
Through coursework in multiple STEM disciplines, upper-level courses, and a senior engineering design experience, the program prepares students to achieve the following program educational objectives:
- -Advance professionally with increasing leadership and responsibility beyond entry level in polymer industries or related fields;
- -Build capability to work effectively in multidisciplinary team settings to achieve organization objectives;
- Contribute to societal benefits in an environmentally and ethically responsible manner; and
- Engage in life-long learning through professional activities and training, the pursuit of advanced degrees, and individual professional development.
Internationally recognized faculty mentors for all students
Each faculty member of the School of Polymer Science and Engineering has developed an innovative and vigorous research program that attracts governmental and industrial funding. Students participate along with faculty on these exciting and relevant research projects that build lasting student-mentor relationships.
|Polymer Science and Engineering BS||Hattiesburg|
- Materials/Polymer Scientist or Engineer
- Technical Service
- Research and Development Engineer
- Process Engineer
Tyler Woldanski, 2018
- Brice Harkey, 2016
Graduate Student Vanderbuilt University
- Jarred Tramell, 2017
Scientist Pall Corporation
- Robert Bennett, 2017
Research and Development Chemist Tex-Cote