About this Bachelor's Degree
Students choosing the real estate emphasis are prepared for careers in real estate sales, property management, financing and sales.
Student Learning Outcomes / Program Objectives
- Students will demonstrate the ability to solve time value of money problems including solving for future value, present value, annuity amount, interest rate, and number of periods. Students will demonstrate the ability to use financial statements to describe strengths and weaknesses of a company.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to apply discounted cash flow (DCF) analysis to capital budgeting decisions. Specific applications include the ability to solve for net present value (NPV) and internal rate of return (IRR) and use NPV and IRR to make capital budgeting decisions.
- Students will demonstrate knowledge of the functions of the Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) in regards U.S. monetary policy. In addition, students will demonstrate familiarity with the major laws and regulations impacting financial markets and securities.
- Students will demonstrate knowledge of modern portfolio theory (MPT) including identifying the crucial role of correlation in portfolio theory, showing familiarity with the derivation of the capital asset pricing model (CAPM), and being able to engage in informed discussion of efficient markets.
- Students will demonstrate familiarity with the Code of Ethics and Professional Responsibility of Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc. Students will also demonstrate familiarity with the Financial Planning Practice Standards of Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc.