About this Bachelor's Degree
The instructional technology (IT) emphasis serves both professional educators and those involved in instructional design, development and training in government, health and private sectors.
The degree provides individuals with the specialized knowledge and skills to apply today's technologies toward reaching instructional/training goals within their work settings.
Technology is a vital source of managing environmental systems (e.g., computer networking), processing information (e.g., electronic communications, social networking) and training and instruction (e.g., performance-based skills).
The instructional technology emphasis is aimed at helping students pursue a career in various settings, whether in education or in other private/governmental areas.
The IT emphasis provides students with a background in three different areas.
- develop technology systems and/or instructional programs to assist organizations with technology skill acquisition
- acquire concepts-related programming, networking, telecommunications and related skills
- develop a background in digital multimedia and Web-based production
The mission of the undergraduate program is to equip students with the knowledge, skills, attitudes and work ethics essential for initial employment in the technological environment of today's business world.
Students will obtain a broad, general education; develop a conceptual understanding of business, administration and technology and how these elements apply to and affect society; and demonstrate a thorough working knowledge of the best professional practices of the office administration field.
Student Learning Outcomes / Program Objectives
- Apply design skills toward the development of a project and/or program
- Develop effective instructional or training materials using a variety of technology tools.
- Apply various software and hardware to develop technology-based projects.
- Demonstrate oral and written communication skills that will assist in future professional development in technology-related fields.
- Demonstrate knowledge of legal, ethical, and social issues concerning technology integration.