About this Bachelor's Degree
The interior design Bachelor of Science degree program at Southern Miss provides an educational experience that prepares graduates for professional careers in the interior design field.
The program provides a diverse, challenging and multidisciplinary perspective that encourages creative, professional and environmentally responsible design solutions for residential, commercial and institutional facilities.
Student Learning Outcomes / Program Objectives
- Graduates will have attained the depth and breadth of professional design knowledge required to participate in entry level positions in a variety of interior design related professions.
- Graduates will have demonstrated minimum proficiency in design related business software used in commercial and residential interior design. (ie: word processing, spreadsheets, slide shows, digital design/drafting, photo editing, etc.)
- Graduates will have a foundation in the fundamentals of art and design, theories of design, green design and human behavior.
- Graduates will develop the attitudes, traits, and values of professional responsibility, accountability, and effectiveness.
- Students will have developed competence in design communication to include non-verbal techniques such as drafting, sketching, rendering and visual boards as well as verbal communication techniques such as individual and/or group oral presentations.