Besides the full requirements laid out in the degree plan, the Mathematics B.S. also includes:
A student must maintain a 2.0 GPA in order to graduate. In addition, no mathematics or computer science course in which a student receives a grade less than C will count toward the major.
Cumulative Credit Hour Requirements
In addition to the course requirements for the General Education and Program Curriculums, a student must also satisfy the following cumulative credit hour requirements. In particular, transfer students should be aware of these degree requirements when developing their plan of study.
- Hours to Degree: at least 124 hours are needed to graduate with either a Mathematics or Mathematics Licensure BS degree.
- Hours at Senior College: at least 62 hours applied to the major must be earned from a senior college.
- Hours at 300-level: at least 45 hours must be a result of taking courses at the 300-level or above.
- Hours in Major Area: at least 12 hours in the major area must be from the University of Southern Mississippi.
- Hours at USM: The last 31 hours of coursework must be earned from the University of Southern Mississippi