About this Bachelor's Degree
The curriculum in merchandising provides students the opportunity to pursue careers in the production, marketing and merchandising of textile and apparel products.
Student Learning Outcomes / Program Objectives
- Students will demonstrate understanding of the practices specific to the apparel and textile industry and will become become comfortable using the terminology of the field.
- Students will demonstrate a thorough understanding of the process of critical analysis and will demonstrate the ability to competently evaluate ideas, communications, presentations, strategies, products, services, and organizations and, in turn, demonstrate decision-making that is mature, professional, and ethical through their behavior, both in their classes and in program-affiliated projects.
- Students will demonstrate clear and effective oral and written communication skills. Students will be able to give strong and persuasive presentations of their views, their research, their conclusions, and their products or services.
- Students will be able to integrate economic, aesthetic, and scientific principles impacting the apparel and textile industry; and will demonstrate understanding of the historical, sociological, and technological realities that affect the field.
- Students will be able to apply knowledge of the characteristics and performances of materials in apparel and textile products in relation to selection and end-use.