Phlebotomy Undergraduate Certificate
The Phlebotomy Program will provide students with didactic and practical experience regarding the practice of phlebotomy. This program is approved through the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Science. The program is offered for either credit or noncredit. A certificate of completion will be awarded at the end of the program.
Applicant for any undergraduate certificate may be considered for admission providing they submit the following:
- Application for undergraduate admissions
- 35 nonrefundable application fee
- Official transcript from last school attended or GED certificate
Students enrolled in certificate programs at The University of Southern Mississippi wishing to seek an undergraduate degree must meet full admission requirements.
To apply for this certificate program, students must:
- Complete program application
- Submit documentation of necessary vaccinations
- Submit copy of driver's license to verify that you are at least 18 years of age.
- Submit a copy of high school diploma or equivalent
- Complete 500 word essay stating reasons that you are pursing the phlebotomy certificate
- Submit two letters of recommendation
- Submit a notarized affidavit regarding criminal background check
Degree Plan / Course Descriptions
MLS 110. Phlebotomy I. 1 hr. Prerequisite: High school graduation or equivalent and admission to the phlebotomy program; didactic material regarding the practice of phlebotomy
MLS 111. Phlebotomy Practicum. 1 hr. Prerequisite: A grade of 75 percent or above in MTC 110. Practical experience in the practice of phlebotomy