About this Bachelor's Degree
A B.S. degree in physics can prepare students for any career that requires analytical skills or quantitative work.
The physics programs at Southern Miss are designed to prepare students for advanced studies in physics (M.S., Ph.D.), for technical positions in industry or government and to become high school physics teachers.
Student Learning Outcomes / Program Objectives
- Students will demonstrate preparation for scientific inquiry.
- Students will demonstrate effective written communication of physics-related topic.
- Students will demonstrate effective oral communication of a physics-related topic.
- Students will have a foundation in physics adequate for admission to graduate programs in physics and related disciplines
- Students will have a physics foundation adequate for competitive employment in the industrial and governmental sectors.