Maps & Parking - Hattiesburg
All university parking lots, unless otherwise marked, will be open to the public on the day of Commencement. Handicap parking will be on the West side of M. K. Turk Circle and on Kay James Drive. The Southern Miss parking garage (map) adjacent to West Fourth Street will be open for Commencement parking. Please review the Commencement Parking map for recommended parking areas for graduation candidates and guests.
To maintain safety for pedestrians, traffic flow is restricted around M.K. Turk Circle 20 minutes prior to each ceremony. All participants and guests should review the Commencement Traffic Flow plan listed below to ensure safety and traffic assistance prior to the ceremony.
To accommodate the large volume of traffic after the ceremony, traffic flow will be changed for approximately 45 minutes immediately following each ceremony. Changes include the following:
- M. K. Turk Circle will be closed to vehicular traffic.
- All traffic exiting the Payne Center parking lot via the East exit will be required to turn right onto Golden Eagle Avenue southbound, in order not to conflict with traffic exiting the parking garage.
- All traffic exiting the parking garage will be required to turn right onto Golden Eagle Avenue northbound, towards West 4th Street, in order not to conflict with traffic exiting the Payne Center lot.
- All traffic exiting Golden Eagle Avenue and the Physical Plant lot onto West 4th Street will be required to turn eastbound on West 4th Street.
- All traffic exiting Pete Taylor Park and M. K. Turk Circle onto West Fourth Street will be required to turn westbound on West 4th Street.
- Traffic that is already on West Fourth Street, either eastbound or westbound, will be allowed to continue in that direction.
Designated Photo Locations
Graduates and their families are encouraged to arrive to The University of Southern Mississippi campus ahead of their scheduled ceremony on Friday, May 13. Designated photo locations area available throughout campus to allow graduates the opportunity to take photos in their Commencement regalia. The designated photo locations are identified by a camera icon on this map.