Maps & Parking - Hattiesburg
UPDATED: January 17, 2014
All university parking lots, unless otherwise marked, will be open to the public on the day of Commencement. Handicap parking will be on the west side of M. K. Turk Circle. The new Southern Miss parking garage adjacent to West 4th Street will be open for commencement parking. Please review the Graduation Parking map for recommended parking areas for graduation candidates and guests.
To maintain safety for pedestrians, traffic flow is restricted around M.K. Turk Circle 20 minutes prior to each ceremony. All participants and guests should review the Graduation Traffic Flow plan listed below to ensure safety and traffic assistance prior to the ceremony.
To accommodate the large volume of traffic after the ceremony, traffic flow will be changed for approximately 45 minutes immediately following each ceremony. Changes include the following:
- M. K. Turk Circle will be closed to vehicular traffic between Kay James Drive and the Payne Center parking lot.
- All traffic exiting the Payne Center parking lot via the east exit will be required to turn right onto Golden Eagle Avenue southbound, in order not to conflict with traffic exiting the parking garage.
- All traffic exiting the parking garage will be required to turn right onto Golden Eagle Avenue northbound, towards West 4th Street, in order not to conflict with traffic exiting the Payne Center lot.
- All traffic exiting Golden Eagle Avenue and the Physical Plant lot onto West 4th Street will be required to turn eastbound on West 4th Street.
- All traffic exiting Pete Taylor Park and M. K. Turk Circle onto West 4th Street will be required to turn westbound on West 4th Street.
- Traffic that is already on West 4th Street, either eastbound or westbound, will be allowed to continue in that direction.