JOSHUA W. SCHUTTS, M.ED.
ASSISTANT DEAN OF STUDENTS
On behalf of our students, alumni, and organizations, we bid you welcome to the home of Greek Life at Southern Miss. In my time as Assistant Dean of Students, I have seen our Greek community evolve into one of high achievement, shared purpose, and continual improvement. I hope you will spend some time on this site. It is our goal to publish a significant amount of facts, figures, and information to highlight the successes our community has seen. There are many avenues from which a student can become involved in their college experience. We believe that Greek Life offers the premiere way to do that at USM!
Specifically, Greek Life provides:
- An awareness of values and how those align in society to affect the world
- An ability to demonstrate working with diverse people
- A positive affect on intellectual development and personal learning
- A network of person and professional relationships rooted in meaningful connections and support
- Leadership skills to invoke action and elevate communities
- An inclination to serve within the community and financially support charities
- Healthier living environments where positive choices are made relative to mental and physical health
- Loyal and committed alumni to Southern Miss and their Greek-letter organizations
- A sense of continued responsibility after graduation