January 17- February 28, 2015 Spring Saturday Gifted Studies on the Program Southern Miss Hattiesburg Campus
March 6, 2015 Day of Sharing for Teachers of the Gifted
April 11, 2015 Parenting Gifted Children Conference
I hope you all are enjoying the beautiful fall weather. As Interim Director of the Center for Gifted Studies, I have numerous goals to continue the tradition of excellence and further discovery and innovative developments. One of my goals is to connect parents and families of gifted children and inform you about enrichment and learning resources and events in your communities. I will post events on our Facebook page, The Frances A. Karnes Center for Gifted Studies and try to send out emails periodically with information.
Our Spring Saturday Gifted Studies Program applications are available online. During this program, I plan to have more than one meeting for the parents of the gifted to meet and share their parenting successes and challenges of the gifted child.
Below is a small list events and learning opportunities in the Hattiesburg and Gulf Coast areas.
- October 24, 2014 – Free Friday at Lynn Meadows Discovery Center. It is free from 5pm-8pm. 246 Dolan Ave. Gulfport, MS 39507.
- October 25, 2014 – Biloxi Drive-In Movie Night at the Biloxi Town Green. The movie is Frankenweenie and begins at dark.
- October 26 & 28, 2014 - 8th Annual Old Biloxi Cemetery Tour. Free. Tours begin at 4pm. 1166 Irish Hill Dr.
- November 7 & 8, 5:30pm-7:30pm - 4thAnnual Live Oak Cemetery Living History Tour. Free. St. Louis St. and Church St. Pass Christian. The tour is given by talented students.
- November 7, 'Nights Skies at Thoreau', a spend-the-night program for students in grades 3-6 will highlight the skies, focusing on astronomy. Begins at 6:00 P.M. on November 7 and continue until the following morning, November 8 at 8:00 A.M. $40 and includes snacks, smores and hot chocolate by the fire, and breakfast the following morning. See link to register. Lake Thoreau, Hattiesburg, MS.
- November 22 - Discover Nature Series. Free. Learn the science in Fall Foliage. 9am-12pm. Open to all ages. Lake Thoreau, Hattiesburg. Must register by emailing email@example.com
I know I will be attending the Live Oak Cemetery Tour and the Nature Series – Fall Foliage with my gifted child. Hope to see you.
Dr. Pola Jakacki