Annual registration fees for parking permits:
|Regular Parking Permits||Hattiesburg||Gulf Park|
|Students and handicap||$144|
|Faculty/Staff > $24K||$144*||$75*|
|Faculty/Staff < $24K||$ 75*||$75*|
|Bicycles/Motorcycles (per academic year)||$20||$20|
|Temporary/special permits||Hattiesburg||Gulf Park|
|1 to 10 weekdays: $10||$10||$10|
|11 to 15 weekdays||$15||$15|
|16 to 20 weekdays||$20||$20|
|More than 20 weekdays||$75|
- Faculty, staff members, students, contract employees, and contractors/vendors who operate a motor vehicle on University-controlled property, regularly or occasionally, will be required to purchase a DPM parking permit. Any vehicle parked on University controlled property must display a current DPM parking permit.
- Parking permits are issued to individuals, and ownership is not transferable. By obtaining a permit, the permit holder agrees to become familiar with and abide by the rules and regulations. Citations issued to a permit number will be charged to the person to whom the original permit was issued. Only those parking permits issued by The University of Southern Mississippi Department of Parking Management will be honored on our campuses.
- Hangtags and decals are valid only when properly displayed. Display the hangtag unobstructed from the rearview mirror with the university logo facing outward. Decals must be permanently affixed using only the permit’s adhesive, to the inside of the front windshield, passenger side, lower right-hand corner. Motorcycle permits must be affixed to the rear fender. If this is not possible, the decal must be affixed where it can be easily seen.
- Faculty, staff members, and students full time and part time, will be issued one parking permit per academic year (must show valid Southern Miss ID). Special accommodations will be made for permanently open vehicles where a hangtag is not practical. Altered or obliterated parking permits will be voided; no refund or transfer will be allowed. It will be necessary to purchase a new parking permit to reinstate parking privileges. Any person who loses a parking permit must re-register and pay the replacement fee to obtain another permit. Any person falsifying a permit or using a lost, stolen, or fraudulent decal will be subject to towing and a $100 fine. Students will also be referred to the Dean of Students Office for disciplinary action.
- For employees, one regular parking permit fee can be treated as a pre-tax payroll deduction lowering taxable income. Additional permits and temporary/special permits will be after-tax deductions. For regular permits purchased during the open registration period (month of August), the annual parking fee can be payroll-deducted over a nine-month period. For any purchases after the open registration period, the payroll deduction period will be pro-rated based on purchase date.
- You also have the option to pay the entire parking permit fee up front. However, if you choose this option, you will lose the tax advantage of spreading the payment out over a nine (9) month period through payroll deduction.
- Major donors making a gift to the university through The University of Southern Mississippi Foundation are recognized as Honor Club members. Members are provided a special parking permit. The parking permit is valid in faculty/staff, resident, commuter, and open zone parking areas on all campuses. Honor Club members are invited to various special events hosted by the USM Foundation and the president throughout the year. For more information on how to join the USM Foundation Honor Club, please call:601.266.5602, or click here to go to the Foundation Web site.