Annual registration fees for parking permits:
- Faculty/Staff Employees making $24,000 or less: $81
- Faculty/Staff Employees making more than $24,000: $144
- Contractors: $75
- Students/Handicap: $144
- Bicycles/Motorcycles: $20 per academic year
- Bicycles/Motorcycles: $50 non expiring
- Summer semester: $35
- Lucas and Polymer Reserve: $396
- 1 to 10 weekdays: $10
- 11 to 15 weekdays: $15
- 16 to 20 weekdays: $20
- More than 20 weekdays: $75 (per semester)
- Faculty, staff, and students, full time or part time, who operate a vehicle on university-controlled property, regularly or occasionally, will be required to purchase a Department of Parking Management parking permit. Any vehicle parked on university-controlled property must display a valid parking permit.
- Parking permits are issued to individuals, and ownership is not transferable. By obtaining a permit, the permit holder agrees to become familiar with and abide by the rules and regulations. Citations issued to a permit number will be charged to the person to whom the original permit was issued. Only those parking permits issued by The University of Southern Mississippi Department of Parking Management will be honored on campus.
- Hangtags and decals are valid only when properly displayed. Display the hangtag unobstructed from the rearview mirror with the university logo facing outward. Decals must be permanently affixed using only the permit’s adhesive, to the inside of the front windshield, passenger side, lower right-hand corner. Motorcycle permits must be affixed to the rear fender. If this is not possible, the decal must be affixed where it can be readily seen.
- Faculty/Staff members, full time and part time, will be issued only one parking permit. Special accommodations will be made for permanently open vehicles where a hangtag is not practical. Students will be allowed additional permits at the regular price. Altered or obliterated parking permits will be voided; no refund or transfer will be allowed. It will be necessary to purchase a new parking permit to reinstate parking privileges. Any person who loses a parking permit must reregister and pay the replacement fee to obtain another permit. Any person falsifying a permit or using a lost, stolen, or fraudulent decal will be subject to towing and a $200 fine. Students will also be referred to the Dean of Students Office for disciplinary action.
- All faculty and staff employees who are full time, part time, regular or temporary, will be eligible for faculty/staff parking permits. Those employees who are hired on a temporary basis will be required to pay for their permit in full upon issuance of permit. Faculty and staff who are regular may be payroll deducted in equal amounts over a nine (9) month period, from September through May. If you select this method of payment, the deducted amount will be computed pre-tax, thereby lowering your federal and state taxes. Any parking decals bought after August 31, will be divided over two paychecks.
- You also have the option to pay the entire parking permit fee up front. However if you choose this option, you will lose the tax advantage of spreading the payment out over a nine (9) month period through payroll deduction.
- All contractors are required to purchase parking permits for their employees' privately owned vehicles if the employees are parking on campus. This requirement does not apply to company-owned vehicles. Companies shall submit a letter (mail or fax) to the Department of Parking Management requesting the number of parking permits needed. Parking permits will be issued to the company and not the individual. Contractor employees who bring privately owned vehicles to campus are expected to abide by and follow the university parking regulations.
- Major donors making a gift to the university through The University of Southern Mississippi Foundation are recognized as Honor Club members. Members are provided a special campus parking permit. The parking permit is valid in administration, faculty/staff, resident, commuter, and open zone parking areas. Honor Club members are invited to various special events hosted by the USM Foundation and the president throughout the year. For more information on how to join the USM Foundation Honor Club, please call:601.266.5602, or click here to go to the Foundation Web site.
- Visitors will obtain and display visitor permits. Visitor permits are available at the Information Booth, located at the main entrance to campus, and the Department of Parking Management. Visitor permits should be displayed while the vehicle is in a valid parking space. Parking-metered spaces require payment regardless of the type permit displayed (i.e. Lucas and Polymer Reserved Parking, Faculty/Staff, Student, Vendor, Visitor). We ask visitors to refrain from parking in fire lanes, fire hydrants, handicap parking spaces, handicap curb cut, sidewalks/grounds, no parking zones, service zones, Lucas and Polymer reserved parking.