Common Errors When Submitting Documents for Payment
Most Common Errors When Submitting Invoices for Payment
- Invoice sent to A/P without approval by signature authority
- No PO referenced on Invoice
- No PO created for Invoice
- Goods received have not been referenced in SOAR-FIN
- Original Invoice has not been received in A/P
Most Common Errors Submitting Remittance Vouchers or Employee Reimbursement Vouchers
- Original itemized receipt, invoice or supporting documentation is not attached
- Purchase order required. Submit on a Requisition and send to Purchasing Box 5003
- Purchase order required. All equipment must be purchased with a PO. If purchased by individual, reimbursement must be processed on a PO.
- Travel voucher required (All reimbursements for employee registrations, mileage and travel)
- Provide social security number and address
- Budget string is invalid or has not been provided
- Provide Proof of Payment (copy of - front & back - cancelled check or copy of credit card statement)
- Obtain signature of approved expenditure authority (other than the payee)
- Need more detail regarding purpose of payment.
- See USM Entertainment Policy and give more detail
- Not allowed by USM Entertainment Policy
- Payee appears to be a nonresident alien. For further instructions, contact the Tax Compliance Officer at (601) 266-6625.
- Transfer of funds to University Foundation is unallowable
- Payee is currently on University Payroll. Contact Human Resources (6-4050) for guidance on appropriate University form(s) required for processing payment.
- The payee must be hired as a university employee and paid through HR/Payroll. Contact HR for guidance on appropriate University form(s) required for processing payment.
- Completed Form W-9 must be attached
- Personal Services Agreement and invoice (signed by the contractor/payee) must be completed and sent to Purchasing on a Requisition (Box 5003).