Mission Statement and Code of Ethics
The Purchasing Department is committed to
- Providing the best service possible to the university community while expediting the procurement of goods and services
- Securing competitive quotes and bids to obtain maximum value from the expenditures of university funds
- Coordinating the procurement of goods and services for academic, administrative, and research departments of the university
- Ensuring compliance with state laws, state regulations, and university policy
- Maintaining professionalism by Purchasing personnel
- Maintaining reputable relations with vendors that service the university
- Developing new sources of supplies and equipment to assure that university departments have an adequate number of vendors from which to obtain supplies, equipment, and services
We subscribe to the National Association of Educational Procurement Code of Ethics:
- Give first consideration to the objectives and policies of my institution.
- Strive to obtain the maximum value for each dollar of expenditure.
- Decline personal gifts or gratuities.
- Grant all competitive offerors equal consideration insofar as the established policies of my institution permit, and regard each transaction on its own merits.
- Conduct business with potential and current suppliers in an atmosphere of mutual confidence and integrity, void of intentional misrepresentation.
- Demand honesty in sales representation whether offered through the medium of a verbal or written statement, an advertisement, or a sample of the product.
- Use only by consent original ideas and designs devised by one vendor for competitive purchasing purposes.
- Be willing to submit any major controversies to arbitration or other third party review, insofar as the established policies of my institution permit.
- Accord a prompt and courteous reception insofar as conditions permit to all who call on legitimate business missions.
- Cooperate with trade and industrial associations and governmental and private agencies engaged in the promotion and development of sound business methods.
- Foster fair, ethical, and legal trade practices.
- Counsel and cooperate with NAEB members and promote a spirit of unity among them.