Vehicle Rental Information
Procurement and Contract Services would like to remind all faculty, staff, and students of the current State rental car contracts for use on official business that can help reduce travel costs. Did you know that on a day trip to the coast or to Jackson, using a state contract rental car could cut your costs nearly in half? Of course, those savings will depend on the distance, vehicle size, and number of days your travels keep you away from your office. Although you must purchase the fuel on your own and seek reimbursement through the Travel Office, you can pay for rental car using your USM procurement card if you have one.
- Vehicle Rental Brochure
- Quick Tips for Renting Vehicles
- Quick Tips for Undergraduate Group Travel
- Resolve vehicle charges not allowed on PCard
- Rental Car Contract Providers
- Van Rental Information
- Enterprise Rental Car - USM Employee
- Questions and Answers
- To print a duplicate Enterprise receipt click here
- University Insurance ID for Rental Vehicles
* Auto insurance cards are for liability only coverage while traveling on USM business in a rental car, USM vehicle, or personal vehicle.
* IF YOU DO NOT USE THE STATE CONTRACT PROVIDER and are involved in an accident, and are at fault, any damages to the rental car are the personal responsibility of the employee, not USM.
State of Mississippi Vehicle Rental Contracts
We encourage you to use our links to compare these companies’ services and offerings for your future travel needs. Our office is always available to assist you with questions regarding your travel at 601.266.4131.
If you are involved in an accident while driving a rental car you should:
- Contact the police immediately
- Contact the State Contract Car Rental Office where you rented the vehicle
- Obtain the Officer's badge number and the phone number of where you would call to get a copy of the accident report
- Call and request a copy of the accident report be sent to you
Contact the Accident Liaison (601-266-4414) and inform the representative of the accident. Once you receive a copy of the accident report, forward a copy of it to the representative. They will then file the necessary paperwork for any liability damages caused in the accident. Parking and Other Traffic Violations -- These are the sole responsibility of the driver. The rental agency, State of Mississippi, and USM are NOT liable.
Penalty for presenting fraudulent claim is a fine of no more than $250.00, civil liability for the full amount received illegally, and, in addition, removal from office or position held by the person presenting such claim (Section 25-3-45, Mississippi Code 1972).