Mississippi Research Consortium
The Mississippi Research Consortium (MRC), formed in 1986, is a coalition of Mississippi’s four research universities:
- Jackson State University
- Mississippi State University
- University of Mississippi
- University of Southern Mississippi
The MRC entered into a cooperative agreement with NASA’s John C. Stennis Space Center located in Hancock County, MS, to provide technical assistance to federal agencies and contractors located at the Center.
- Develop a research infrastructure to support education and extend technology development in Mississippi.
- Foster research funding opportunities and increase interaction with federal agencies.
- Develop and share resources.
- Improve science education opportunities for students elementary through college.
- Make the most of human potential and provide technical assistance.
- Enhance economic opportunities for the state of Mississippi.
Federal Agencies located at John C. Stennis Space Center (SSC)
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
- National Coastal Data Development Center
- National Data Buoy Center (NDBC)
- National Marine Fisheries Service
- Department of the Army Corps of Engineers
- Naval Research Laboratory (NRL)
- Naval Oceanographic Office
- Department of the Interior U.S. Geological Survey
- Environmental Protection Agency Gulf of Mexico Program Office