Skip navigation

Employment and Human Resources

FAQ - Form I-9

Q:Can I bring an expired document?

A:No, the documents provided must be valid and appear to be genuine.

Q:Can I bring a copy of my document to the Human Resources Office?

A:No. Employees must present original documents. The only exception is that an employee may present a certified copy of a birth certificate.

Q:Can I make copies of my documents?

A:No, this must be completed in HR.

Q:I have two documents that have different names on them. What should I do?

A:The documents can be accepted if they look genuine. It is always good practice to submit documents with the same name on them; however, we can accept documents that do not have the same name as long as they seem genuine.

Q:Can I require my employee to show specific documents?

A:No. Employees are allowed to choose which documents they would like to present as long as they are from the Form I-9 “List of Acceptable Documents” form and appear to be genuine to the HR representative.

Q:I am a former employee. Do they need to complete the Form I-9 again?

A:If it has been less than one year since their last day of employment and the employees documents have not expired, then they do not need to complete a new Form I-9.

Q:I do not have the appropriate documents. Can I begin working without them?

A:No. In order for an employee to begin, they must submit their documents on or before their start date.

Q:Can I bring a receipt?

A:Yes. The employee may submit a receipt of application if they do not have to original document with them. They must bring the document to HR as soon as it is received.

Q:When can I begin working?

A:Once all paperwork has been completed and submitted to the HR office and they have cleared you to work, you may begin.

Current Employees

Log in with your w# to access forms, training, payroll information, hiring resources, etc.

Contact Us

Employment and Human Resources
301 McLemore Hall (MCL)
118 College Dr. #5111
Hattiesburg, MS 39406

Hattiesburg Campus

Campus Map