Environmental Health and Safety
Radiation Student Page
Before using radiation in your lab you must
- Get permission from your Lab supervisor or Professor
- Make sure you are familiar with all safety protocols and radiation procedures in your lab and review the USM Radiation User Guidelines go to the USM Radiation Safety page.
- Take the Radiation training course at the USM Radiation Safety page and pass the new user radiation quiz
• All users of radiation (Faculty and Students) must take the radiation training course to use or order radiation. An annual refresher course is also required.
• Coordinate with your Lab supervisor or Professor as to what experiment you can perform
• Know how to use a calibrated radiation meter.
• You must also have a dosimeter ring or badge if using 32P or 22Na. Talk to your Lab supervisor or Professor if using other isotopes