Claire Hamilton has been teaching in the Interior Design Program at Southern Miss since 2003. Prior to teaching, she spent 12 years working in the commercial furniture industry and practiced commercial interior design. She specialized in corporate, state and federal government facilities as well as medical and institutional design. While at USM, Claire has designed several university spaces that have won ASID Design Excellence awards. Claire has a B.S. degree from The University of Southern Mississippi in Interior Design and a M.S. Degree in Interior Design from Virginia Tech. She is NCIDQ certified and is also a Certified Interior Designer in the state of MS. Claire has served as the past president of the ASID South Central Chapter and was actively involved in helping MS obtain interior design legislation in 2012. Claire received the prestigious ASID Educator Medalist Award and currently serves on the board for the Mississippi Coalition for Interior Design.
- MS - Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (1993)
- BS - University of Southern Mississippi (1988)
British Housing and Interiors
Commercial Interior Design I and II
Residential Design II
Advanced Application of Design Theory
History of Interior Furnishings and Decorative Arts
- Deans Suite Renovation - College of Science and Technology
Interior finishes, furniture and lighting design.
- Joseph Greene Hall Renovation
Interior furnishings and inventory management
- Moffitt Health Clinic
Selection of interior finishes, furniture and artwork.
- President Emeritus Office - Dr. Aubrey Lucas
Interior finishes, lighting design and artwork selections. Won an ASID Design Excellence Award
- Southern Miss Writing Center
Space planning, finish selection, furnishings and lighting design. Won and ASID Design Excellence Award.
- Mississippi Certified Interior Designer
- Preventing Discrimination & Harassment: Employees V2.3
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act
- Title IX: Preventing Sexual Misconduct for Faculty and Staff – "Responsible Employee" Edition
- Interior Design Educators Council
- American Society of Interior Designers