Dr. Alan Thompson
Dr. Alan Thompson joined the USM Criminal Justice faculty in 2000. Since that time he has published several scholarly books and articles focusing on legal and practical issues in law enforcement, courts, and corrections. Within the university community, Dr. Thompson serves his professional colleagues as chapter president of the American Association of University Professors. He also serves as both the NCAA Faculty Athletics Representative and Interim Associate Dean for the Graduate School.
- PHD - Sam Houston State University (2000)
- MS - Texas State University (1993)
- BS - Texas State University (1991)
- Certified / Licensed Instructor, Mississippi Board of Law Enforcement Officer Standards and Training (Certificate #499)
- Certified Texas Peace Officer
- English (Native or Bilingual)