Dr. Melissa Ziegler
Melissa Ziegler, Ph.D, FMFA, RKT, has been an instructor in the Kinesiotherapy program since 2006. Dr. Ziegler has a doctorate degree in Higher Education Administration, her research focuses on influencers of Physical Activity patterns of college students. She has a MA in Human Performance with a specialization in Exercise Science and a BS in Human Performance with an emphasis in Kinesiotherapy. Her background includes cardiopulmonary testing, cardiac rehab, and exercise prescriptions for those with cardiac, pulmonary, or metabolic disorders.
Dr. Ziegler, a fellow of the Medical Fitness Association, also serves her profession. She currently is the State Captain for Mississippi, the chair of the fellowship committee, and on the education committee for MFA. In addition, she served as the Executive Director for the American Kinesiotherapy Association for 13 years.
- PHD - Univ of Southern Mississippi (2018)
- MA - University of Houston (2005)
- BS - Univ of Southern Mississippi (2000)
THY 414: Exercise Prescription for Special Populations
THY 300: Introduction to Kinesiotherapy
THY 451: Neurological and Pathological Foundations
THY 421: Capstone for Kinesiotherapy
- The Influence of the Educational Environment on College Student Activity Behaviors, 2018
- Certificate in Effective College Instruction
- Registered Kinesiotherapist
- American Kinesiotherapy Association
- Medical Fitness Association