Dr. Danilo Mezzadri
International prizewinner Danilo Mezzadri teaches flute at Southern Miss and Blue Lake Fine Arts Camp. He is principal flute with The Golf Coast and North Mississippi Symphony Orchestras. Danilo is president of International Flute Workshop (Italy) and Southern Flute Festival (MS). Danilo has soloed with more than 35 ensembles including the Detroit Symphony Orchestra and Pró-Música Symphony Orchestra of Rio de Janeiro. Dr. Mezzadri's performances have been reviewed as “gorgeous” (Detroit Press) “with a limpid sound, and coaxing every ounce of lyricism” (Jackson Patriot). In his most recent CD Epigrams, Danilo is described as having “glowing, golden tone” and “vivid musicality bringing each work to life, regardless of tonality” (Fanfarre Magazine). Danilo graduated with First Prize Award from the EMBAP (Brazil). He earned a Master of Music, Master of Musicology, and Doctor of Musical Arts degrees from Michigan State University.
- Flute Performance (DMA) - Michigan State University (2002)
- Flute Performance (MM) - Michigan State University (1997)
- Portuguese (Native or Bilingual)
- English (Native or Bilingual)
- Italian (Native or Bilingual)
- Spanish (Professional Working)