Dr. Scott Piland
Dr. Piland is in his 16th year as a member of the Faculty of the School of Kinesiology & Nutrition and is starting his 5th year as the School's Director. Dr. Piland has taught a broad variety of courses within the School and currently co-directs the Department of Defense funded Applied Biomechanics Impact Laboratory. Dr. Piland is a recognized expert in the brain injury of concussion and continues to conduct funded research evaluating the roll sport protective equipment plays in the prevention of this injury. Dr. Piland is married to Aimee Piland, an 8th grade Language Arts teacher at Oak Grove Middle School and he has two children: Jack (14) and Margaret (11).
- PHD - University of Georgia (2004)
- MA - Univ of N Carolina Chapel Hill (1998)
- BS - Valdosta State University (1996)
KIN 301: Kinesiology
- Mouth protection in sports, Materials in Sports Equipment (3rd ed.), 2019
- English (Full Professional)