Dr. Michael Miles
Dr. Michael Miles’ academic career includes appointments at Western Carolina University, and Florida International University, and administrative appointments at the University of Southern Mississippi and Southeastern Oklahoma State University.
Dr. Miles has held a variety of conducting and music directing positions. He has served as conductor/music director of bands, jazz bands, symphony orchestras, and musical theater productions. Miles’ productions of Phantom of the Opera and James and the Giant Peach were awarded the prestigious American Prize for Musical Theater in 2018.
Dr. Miles recently conducted the USM Chamber Orchestra in its Carnegie Hall debut, and served as Guest Conductor of the Festival Orchestra at the V Clinicas Instrumentalis in Cartegena, Columbia. His Jazz Band at Southeastern Oklahoma State University was recognized by the Oklahoma State Legislature as the “Official Jazz Ambassadors of Oklahoma”. This ensemble made three concert tours of China.
- DMA - University of Kentucky (1992)
- MM - Florida State University (1985)
- BM - University of Hartford (1982)
- USM and the GDPR
- GLBA Basics
- Covid-19 Awareness and Prevention
- Preventing Discrimination & Harassment: Employees V2.3
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act
- Title IX: Preventing Sexual Misconduct for Faculty and Staff – "Responsible Employee" Edition