Dr. Jackie McIlwain
Dr. Jackie McIlwain, Associate Professor of Clarinet, began teaching at The University of Southern Mississippi in 2013. She enjoys keeping a diverse and active performance schedule with solo recitals, chamber recitals, solo performances, and orchestral performances.
Dr. McIlwain's research interest includes musicians' injuries and preventions. In 2017, Dr. McIlwain became a licensed Body Mapping Educator and has presented this topic across the globe. Body Mapping was designed for musicians and promotes moving with more freedom, efficiency, and less tension. It often provides relief for musicians who are injured or perform with pain, and helpful for musicians to prevent pain from occurring.
- DM - Florida State University (2010)
- MM - Indiana University-Bloomington (2007)
- BM - Middle Tennessee State Univ (2005)
- Andover Educator (Body Mapping Clinician)
- Association for Body Mapping Educators (formerly known as Andover Educators)
- International Clarinet Association
- Mississippi Music Teachers Association
- Music Teachers National Association