Dr. Wei Wang
Dr. Wei Wang joined the College of Business and Economic Development in Fall 2014. Prior to joining USM, she taught undergraduate courses at Indiana University Bloomington. Dr. Wang worked internationally in the airline industry as well as the hotel, catering & event industry in the United States.
Dr. Wang's research focuses on destination marketing, tourist behavior, and innovation. Her research has been disseminated in top-tier tourism and marketing journals, including Tourism Management, Journal of Travel Research, Journal of Destination Marketing and Management, Journal of Travel and Tourism Marketing, etc.
Dr. Wang is the undergraduate programs coordinator in School of Marketing, program coordinator for Hospitality and Tourism Management BSBA Program, and Casino Resort Marketing Management Certificate program. Many of her classes are engaged with entrepreneurs and specialists within the lodging, casino, and restaurant industry.
- PHD - Indiana University-Bloomington (2014)
- MS - Indiana University-Bloomington (2009)
HTM100: Introduction to Hospitality and Tourism.
HTM300: Principles of Hospitality and Tourism Management.
HTM340: Global Tourism.
HTM345: Customer Services Management.
HTM368: Hotel Operations.
HTM385: Introduction to the Convention Industry.
HTM398: Event Operations.
HTM442: Hospitality and Tourism Marketing.
HTM467: Professional Meeting and Event Coordination.
HTM472: Casino and Resort Marketing.
HTM479: Internships in Hospitality and Tourism.
HTM492: Special Problems in Hospitality and Tourism.
HON300: Honors Thesis I
HON301: Honors Thesis II
- Climate resilience model on Arctic tourism: Perspectives from tourism professionals, Tourism Recreation Research, 2022, https://doi.org/10.1080/02508281.2022.2122341
- A Tale of Two Cultural Values in Airbnb: Long-Term Orientation and Indulgence, Tourism Planning & Development, 2022, https://doi.org/10.1080/21568316.2022.2083221
- Development and validation of a casino service quality scale: A holistic approach, Tourism Management , 2022, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tourman.2021.104419
- Perceived Impacts of Tourism in the Arctic, Journal of Tourism and Cultural Change, 2021, https://doi.org/10.1080/14766825.2020.1735403
- The influence of perceived technological congruence on consumers’ attitudes toward price change and adoption of smartphone application in air travel, Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Technology, 2019, https://doi.org/10.1108/JHTT-01-2018-0004
- The influence of accessibility and motivation on leisure travel participation of people with disabilities, Journal of Travel and Tourism Marketing, 2019, https://doi.org/10.1080/10548408.2018.1496218
- Interactive roles of social identity and evaluative attitudes in sports events participation, Journal of Convention and Event Tourism, 2018, DOI:10.1080/15470148.2018.1488640
- A model for perceived destination value and tourists' souvenir intentions, Journal of Applied Marketing Theory, 2018
- Market analysis of value-minded tourists: Nature-based Tourism in the Arctic, Journal of Destination Marketing and Management, 2018, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jdmm.2016.12.004
- Tourist innovation in air travel, Journal of Travel Research, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1177/0047287516686724
- Society for Marketing Advances (SMA)
- International Council on Hotel, restaurant, and Institutional Education (ICHRIE)
- American Marketing Theory and Practice Association (AMTP)
- Chinese (Native or Bilingual)