Dr. Wei Wang
Dr. Wei Wang joined the College of Business and Economic Development in Fall 2014. Prior to joining USM, she taught undergraduate courses at Indiana University Bloomington. Dr. Wang worked internationally in the airline industry as well as the hotel, catering & event industry in the United States.
Dr. Wang's research focuses on destination marketing, tourist behavior, and innovation. Her research has been disseminated in top-tier tourism and marketing journals, including Tourism Management, Journal of Travel Research, Journal of Destination Marketing and Management, Journal of Travel and Tourism Marketing, among others.
Dr. Wang is the program coordinator for Hospitality and Tourism Management Program and Casino Resort Marketing Management Certificate program. She oversees HTM internship and Eta Sigma Delta Honor Society at USM chapter. She connects with businesses for class projects. Many of her classes are engaged with entrepreneurs and specialists within the lodging, casino, and restaurant industry. These experiences allow students to learn in and out of the classroom.
- PHD - Indiana University-Bloomington (2014)
- MS - Indiana University-Bloomington (2009)
HTM100: Introduction to Hospitality and Tourism.
HTM300: Principles of Hospitality and Tourism Management.
HTM340: Global Tourism.
HTM345: Customer Services Management.
HTM368: Hotel Operations.
HTM385: Introduction to the Convention Industry.
HTM398: Event Operations.
HTM442: Hospitality and Tourism Marketing.
HTM467: Professional Meeting and Event Coordination.
HTM472: Casino and Resort Marketing.
HTM479: Internships in Hospitality and Tourism.
HTM492: Special Problems in Hospitality and Tourism.
- Development and Validation of a Casino Service Quality Scale: A Holistic Approach, Tourism Management , 2022, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tourman.2021.104419
- Perceived impacts of tourism in the Arctic, Journal of Tourism and Cultural Change, 2021, https://doi.org/10.1080/14766825.2020.1735403
- The influence of perceived technological congruence on consumers’ attitudes toward price change and adoption of smartphone application in air travel, Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Technology, 2019, https://doi.org/10.1108/JHTT-01-2018-0004
- Urban residents’ place-based perceptions and attitudes toward tourism development: A comparison between the United States and China, Journal of Quality Assurance in Hospitality and Tourism, 2019, https://doi.org/10.1080/1528008X.2018.1512935
- The influence of accessibility and motivation on leisure travel participation of people with disabilities, Journal of Travel and Tourism Marketing, 2019, https://doi.org/10.1080/10548408.2018.1496218
- Interactive roles of social identity and evaluative attitudes in sports events participation, Journal of Convention and Event Tourism, 2018, DOI:10.1080/15470148.2018.1488640
- A model for perceived destination value and tourists' souvenir intentions, Journal of Applied Marketing Theory, 2018
- Market analysis of value-minded tourists: Nature-based Tourism in the Arctic, Journal of Destination Marketing and Management, 2018, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jdmm.2016.12.004
- Tourist innovation in air travel, Journal of Travel Research, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1177/0047287516686724
- A comparative analysis of event attendees' spending behaviors and satisfaction by visitor types, Event Management: An International Journal, 2016, https://doi.org/10.3727/152599516X14538326024874
- Certification in Effective Teaching Practices
- Effective College Instruction
- Certification in Effective College Instruction
- Applying the Quality Matters Rubrics (APPQMR)
- Certification in Active Learning
- Certification in Hotel Industry Analytics (CHIA)
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act
- Preventing Discrimination & Harassment: Employees V2.3
- Title IX: Preventing Sexual Misconduct for Faculty and Staff – "Responsible Employee" Edition
- Society for Marketing Advances (SMA)
- International Council on Hotel, restaurant, and Institutional Education (ICHRIE)
- American Marketing Theory and Practice Association (AMTP)
- Chinese (Native or Bilingual)