Dr. Wei Wang
Dr. Wang's research focuses on destination marketing and service innovation. Notably, Dr. Wang strongly focuses on quantitative research and scale development methods. Her research has been published in over 50 conference proceedings and over 20 top-tier tourism and marketing journals, including Tourism Management (ABDC: A+), Journal of Travel Research (ABDC: A+), and Journal of Travel and Tourism Marketing (ABDC: A).
Dr. Wang has received several research and teaching awards, such as Best Paper in Track at the Society for Marketing Advances in 2022, the Association of Marketing Theory and Practice in 2017, and Best Poster Award at the International Society of Travel and Tourism Educators in 2011. Dr. Wang is also the recipient of the 2019, 2020, and 2023 BAC research awards and the 2022 Joseph A. Greene Excellence in Teaching Award.
Dr. Wang serves as a reviewer for over 20 academic journals, including Journal of Business Research, Management Decision, Tourism Management, etc.
- PHD - Indiana University-Bloomington (2014)
- MS - Indiana University-Bloomington (2009)
HTM100: Introduction to Hospitality and Tourism.
HTM300: Principles of Hospitality and Tourism Management.
HTM340: Global Tourism.
HTM345: Customer Services Management.
HTM368: Hotel Operations.
HTM385: Introduction to the Convention Industry.
HTM398: Event Operations.
HTM442: Hospitality and Tourism Marketing.
HTM467: Professional Meeting and Event Coordination.
HTM472: Casino and Resort Marketing.
HTM479: Internships in Hospitality and Tourism.
HTM492: Special Problems in Hospitality and Tourism.
HON300: Honors Thesis I
HON301: Honors Thesis II
- Necessity is the Mother of Innovations: A Qualitative Study of Event Innovations during “Shock” Events, Journal of Convention and Event Management, 2023, https://doi.org/10.1080/15470148.2023.2228468
- Climate resilience model on Arctic tourism: Perspectives from tourism professionals, Tourism Recreation Research, 2022, https://doi.org/10.1080/02508281.2022.2122341
- A Tale of Two Cultural Values in Airbnb: Long-Term Orientation and Indulgence, Tourism Planning & Development, 2022, https://doi.org/10.1080/21568316.2022.2083221
- Development and validation of a casino service quality scale: A holistic approach, Tourism Management, 2022, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tourman.2021.104419
- Perceived Impacts of Tourism in the Arctic, Journal of Tourism and Cultural Change, 2021, https://doi.org/10.1080/14766825.2020.1735403
- The influence of perceived technological congruence on consumers’ attitudes toward price change and adoption of smartphone application in air travel, Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Technology, 2019, https://doi.org/10.1108/JHTT-01-2018-0004
- The influence of accessibility and motivation on leisure travel participation of people with disabilities, Journal of Travel and Tourism Marketing, 2019, https://doi.org/10.1080/10548408.2018.1496218
- A model for perceived destination value and tourists' souvenir intentions, Journal of Applied Marketing Theory, 2018
- Market analysis of value-minded tourists: Nature-based Tourism in the Arctic, Journal of Destination Marketing and Management, 2018, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jdmm.2016.12.004
- Tourist innovation in air travel, Journal of Travel Research, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1177/0047287516686724
- Society for Marketing Advances (SMA)
- International Council on Hotel, restaurant, and Institutional Education (ICHRIE)
- American Marketing Theory and Practice Association (AMTP)
- Chinese (Native or Bilingual)