Dr. Mike Andres
Assistant Research Professor
I have a strong interest in linking connectivity of marine, estuarine, and freshwater habitats through the ecology and evolution of diadromous fishes and the parasites that call them home!
Visit https://www.andreslab.net/ to see our lab's (Estuarine and Movement Ecology Lab) current research projects and current members.
- PHD - University of Southern Mississippi (2014)
Field and Lab Techniques in Marine Fisheries
- New genus of opecoelid trematode from Pristipomoides aquilonaris (Perciformes: Lutjanidae) and its phylogenetic affinity within the family Opecoelidae, FOLIA PARASITOLOGICA, 2014
- An additional genus and two additional species of Forticulcitinae (Digenea: Haploporidae), FOLIA PARASITOLOGICA, 2015
- Endohelminth parasites of some midwater and benthopelagic stomiiform fishes from the northern Gulf of Mexico, Gulf and Caribbean Research, 2016
- NOVEL INFECTION SITE AND ECOLOGY OF CRYPTIC DIDYMOCYSTIS SP (TREMATODA) IN THE FISH SCOMBEROMORUS MACULATUS, JOURNAL OF PARASITOLOGY, 2016, 10.1645/15-772
- Reproductive dynamics of Gulf menhaden (Brevoortia patronus) in the northern Gulf of Mexico: effects on stock assessments, FISHERY BULLETIN, 2017, 10.7755/FB.115.3.2
- Growth Estimation of Western Population Segment Gulf Sturgeon Using Length-at-Age and Mark-Recapture Data, TRANSACTIONS OF THE AMERICAN FISHERIES SOCIETY, 2018, 10.1002/tafs.10007
- On the systematics of some marine haploporids (Trematoda) with the description of a new species of Megasolena Linton, 1910, PARASITOLOGY INTERNATIONAL, 2018, 10.1016/j.parint.2018.08.002
- Temporal dynamics of lipid and fatty acid characteristics of Gulf Menhaden, Brevoortia patronus, in the northern Gulf of Mexico, REGIONAL STUDIES IN MARINE SCIENCE, 2018, 10.1016/j.rsma.2018.06.011
- TWO NEW SPECIES OF SACCOCOELIOIDES (DIGENEA: HAPLOPORIDAE) WITH PHYLOGENETIC ANALYSIS OF THE FAMILY, INCLUDING SPECIES OF SACCOCOELIOIDES FROM NORTH, MIDDLE, AND SOUTH AMERICA, JOURNAL OF PARASITOLOGY, 2018, 10.1645/17-189
- Argulus from the Pascagoula River, MS, USA, with an Emphasis on Those of the Threatened Gulf Sturgeon, Acipenser oxyrinchus desotoi, DIVERSITY-BASEL, 2019, 10.3390/d11120232