Dr. Joann Judge
Joann P. Judge is an assistant professor in The School of Kinesiology & Nutrition at USM. She has a B.S. degree in physical education from East Stroudsburg University in PA, a M.Ed. in special education from West Chester University in PA, and a Ph.D. in Kinesiology for Individuals with Disabilities from the University of Virginia.
For six years, Joann served as an adapted physical education specialist and was an adjunct professor at West Chester University where she taught several courses on adapted physical education, sport & activity.
Currently, Joann provides instruction on adapted physical education, sport, & activity and teaches in the physical education teacher licensure program. She is a nationally Certified Adapted Physical Educator (CAPE) and shares her expertise at the local, state, national, and international levels. Joann is also a certified PK-12 Health & Physical Education teacher in Pennsylvania and Mississippi.
- Kinesiology for Individuals with Disabilities (PHD) - University of Virginia (2018)
- Special Education with an Emphasis on Autism Spectrum Disorder (MED) - West Chester University of Pennsylvania (2010)
- Sports Science & Exercise Physiology (BS) - East Stroudsburg University of Pennsylvania (1984)
KIN 220 - Introduction to Kinesiology
KIN 306 - Sport Pedagogy
KIN 318 - Foundations of Teaching Physical Education
KIN 333 - Secondary Physical Education
KIN 401 - Adapted Physical Education, Sport, & Activity
KIN 462 - Methods in Teaching Physical Education
KIN 603 - Adapted Physical Education, Sport, & Activity (online)
- English (Full Professional)
- American Sign Language (Limited Working)