Dr. Alex Scrimpshire
Alex J. Scrimpshire, PhD, joined The University of Southern Mississippi in the Fall Semester of 2022. He comes to Hattiesburg after five years at Xavier University in Cincinnati, OH. Dr. Scrimpshire received a B.S. in Engineering and an MBA from the University of Mississippi, and a Ph.D. in Business Administration with an emphasis in Management from the Spears School of Business at Oklahoma State University.
Prior to joining academia, Dr. Scrimpshire taught high school math and coached numerous sports at West Union Attendance Center in Myrtle, MS. He is originally from Laurel, MS.
- PHD - Oklahoma State University (2017)
- MBA - University of Mississippi (2012)
- BE - University of Mississippi (2003)
Over his career, Dr. Scrimpshire has taught a variety of classes including, Management, Compensation, Training and Development, Human Resource Management, Change Management, Organizational Behavior, and Staffing.
- Responses to Normative and Norm-Violating Behavior: Culture, Job Mobility, and Social Inclusion and Exclusion, Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, 2015, dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.obhdp.2014.08.001
- Are Leaders Defined by Followers? Role of Follower’s ILT and the Mediating Influence of LMX on Follower Outcomes, Journal of Organizational Effectiveness: People and Performance, 2016, 10.1108/JOEPP-04-2015-0016
- Do Birds of a Feather Cheat Together? How Personality and Relationships Affect Student Cheating, Journal of Academic Ethics, 2017, 10.1007/s10805-016-9267-5
- Engagement in Secondary Blended Classrooms, Ohio Journal of Teacher Education, 2018
- A Meta-analytic Review of Identification at Work: Relative Contribution of Team, Organizational, and Professional Targets, Journal of Applied Psychology, 2021, 10.1037
- Can We Talk? Why Employees Fail to Report Negative Events to Their Managers, Career Development International, 2021, 10.1108/CDI-03-2021-0083
- Fear After Being Fired: Moderating Role of Resilience in Lessening Time Between Employment, Personnel Review, 2022, 10.1108
- The Missing Capital: Psychological Capital’s Role in Entrepreneurial Opportunity Evaluation, Journal of Business Venturing Insights, 2021, doi.org/10.1016/j.jbvi.2021.e00267
- The Road to Entrepreneurial Success: Business Plans or Lean Startup?, New England Journal of Entrepreneurship, 2021, 10.1108/NEJE-08-2020-0031
- Investigating the effects of high-involvement climate and public service motivation on engagement, performance, and meaningfulness in the public sector, Journal of Managerial Psychology, 2023, https://www.emerald.com/insight/content/doi/10.1108/JMP-03-2021-0158/full/html
- Academy of Management
- Southern Management Association