Office of Fiscal Planning and Analysis
The Office of Fiscal Planning and Analysis (OFPA) supports the strategic mission of the University by preparing, managing and implementing the University’s annual operating budget for general and auxiliary funds. We assist academic and administrative support units in budget preparation and execution while providing timely and accurate financial information to the Mississippi Institute of Higher Learning (IHL) and the Legislative Budget Office (LBO). We provide forecasting models and other financial analyses that are used to support resource allocation decisions. OFPA strives to deliver excellent customer service, education and guidance on best practices related to budgeting and financial management throughout the University.
The Office of Fiscal Planning and Analysis will be a proactive and integral partner in the implementation of the University's strategic plan by providing timely, accurate and complete analytical services related to financial planning, forecasting and decision support in resource allocation and development.
- Thoughtful and accurate analyses and reporting
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Quality: what we do, we do well
- Agile: we respond to change quickly, deliver quickly and seize opportunities
- Proactive in acquiring, analyzing, and sharing knowledge
- Displaying graceful professionalism in relationships
- Recognizing, respecting, and celebrating individual and collective differences and strengths
- Provide high quality, objective, accurate and timely financial information and analysis to IHL, LBO, campus executive management, and individual units to facilitate the preparation, implementation and monitoring of the University's budgeting and planning processes to inform decision making and strategic planning.
- Provide institutional support by accurately summarizing the University's operating budget revenue and expenses as well as, delivering monthly and quarterly financial reports to appropriate stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Effectively administer the University's position management process which supports strengthened financial management and enables executive leadership to have visibility into staffing levels and budget impact by tracking position activity.
- Strive to employ the latest technology to automate budget/fiscal information, improve business processes and thereby increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the department while promoting accountability and transparency of financial resource allocations.