The following policies and procedures are required of members and guests at the Fitness
Center to ensure a SAFE and SANITARY workout environment.
- Please be aware that you are using Fitness Center equipment at your own risk.
- Management is not responsible for any injury you may suffer.
- AED and basic first aid supplies are available.
- No medications (for pain, illness) of any kind will be dispersed.
- It is the user’s responsibility to know his/her own physical limitations and what
equipment to use and how to use it within those limitations.
- Fitness Center staff are there to show guests how to use the equipment. Please ask
- Members/guests should ALWAYS use a spotter when using free weights, please ask staff
- Collars must be used on all free weight bars.
- No children under 18 permitted unless they are secondary members of faculty/staff/students
and are accompanied by the primary user.
- No horseplay, no loitering/hanging out will be permitted.
- PROPER ATHLETIC ATTIRE REQUIRED - Proper attire consists of closed-toed athletic shoes;
athletic shorts or warm-up pants and shirts/tops that cover the abdomen.
- No food is permitted in the Fitness Center. Water, Gatorade, Powerade and other sports
drinks are permitted in plastic bottles or water bottles with a cap.
- Members are expected to assist Fitness Center staff in keeping Fitness Center equipment
clean and sanitized.
- Sanitizing wipes (Gym-Wipes) are provided in wall dispensers. Please use Gym-wipes
to clean weight equipment, benches and cardio equipment after use.
- Members/guests are also expected to keep the weight room in order and free from potential
injury by re-racking weight plates and dumbbells after use and placing benches back
to their original location after use.
- Members' private personal trainers are not permitted to utilize fitness center equipment
for conducting personal training sessions.
MUSIC DEVICES: The playing of external music devices will not be permitted in the Fitness Center.
Members wishing to play their own music must wear headphones at all times.
CHALK USE: The use of chalk for lifting will no longer be permitted in the strength area.
Thank you for adhering to the Fitness Center policies and procedures.
Fitness Center Policies and Procedures [PDF]