Gulf Park Health Center
Hours of Operation
- Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Saturday & Sunday CLOSED
- All of our student counseling services are free for currently enrolled USM students.
- Our counseling services are currently being offered in person and via Zoom by the Wellness Counselor, Alvin Baker.
- Counseling services are available Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- You may contact the Health Center at 228.214.3300 to make an appointment or email Alvin Baker at Alvin.BakerFREEMississippi.
After-hours, any student who is experiencing emotional discomfort that is NOT life-threatening should call or text 988 to communicate with a trained support person. You can also contact us during business hours to discuss an appointment.
If you are a Hattiesburg campus student and would like more information about counseling services on the Hattiesburg campus, please visit our website at www.usm.edu/counseling. You can also find crisis information and available resources on that site.
- What should I do if I have a mental health crisis off campus? Call 911. If you are off campus and experiencing a life-threatening event or mental health emergency/crisis. Additionally, you should use 911 if you are: (1) out of the state of Mississippi, (2) attending USM’s Gulf Park Campus or other coastal locations, or (3) not physically located at USM’s Hattiesburg campus now. 911 will connect you to local county support persons. The crisis line cannot best serve persons who are not on USM’s Hattiesburg campus.