Nine Individuals to be Awarded Friends of NCS4 at National Sports Safety and Security Conference & Exhibition
Thu, 10/28/2021 - 16:06pm | By: NCS4 Staff
A total of nine professionals will be recognized for their contributions to NCS4 during the 2021 National Sports Safety and Security Conference & Exhibition set for Nov. 9-10 in Phoenix. This year’s theme is Reconnect. Reflect. Inspire. and boasts the most exhibitors and sponsors in conference history. The event is presented annually by the National Center for Spectator Sports Safety and Security (NCS4) at The University of Southern Mississippi.
The Friends of NCS⁴ Award recognizes professionals whose contributions have been invaluable to the advancement of the Center. The NCS4 staff and leadership nominate individuals who have been a resource to the Center’s goals and activities during the past year.
“We are grateful to each of these recipients for the invaluable leadership and assistance they provide,” said Lauren Cranford, MPH, CHES, NCS4 Director of Operations. “They have each gone above and beyond in helping us to further the mission of NCS4.”
Individuals being recognized include:
- Scott Dickson, Associate General Manager, Jerome Schottenstein Center, The Ohio State University
- Steve Georgas, Deputy Chief (Retired), Chicago Police Department
- Billy Langenstein, CSSP, Director of Security Services, National Football League
- Michael Nishi, Chief Operating Officer, Chicago Event Management
- John Pepper, CSSP, Sergeant, Metropolitan Nashville Police Department
- Tim “Tuba” Smith, Director, Festivals and Strategic Events, C3 Presents
- Gary Stevens, Director of Student Activities, Thornton Academy
- Jesse Watkins, Director of Operations, TEEX/National Emergency Response and Recovery Training Center
- Amanda Wright, Owner, Wright Consulting
For more information about the conference, visit http://www.ncs4.usm.edu/conference/ and for more information about the awards, visit https://ncs4.usm.edu/about/ncs4-recognition-awards/.
About the 12th Annual Conference:
The National Sports Safety and Security Conference & Exhibition will be held in Phoenix at the JW Marriott Desert Ridge Resort and Spa on Nov. 9-10. The conference will attract over 450 attendees and 60 exhibitors representing professional sports, intercollegiate athletics, interscholastic athletics, marathon and endurance events, sport and entertainment facilities, and those who provide safety and security products and services to the industry. For more information, visit http://www.ncs4.usm.edu/conference/.
Established in 2006, the National Center for Spectator Sports Safety and Security (NCS⁴) is the nation’s only academic center devoted to the study and practice of sports safety and security. The NCS4 is partially underwritten by grants from the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). The NCS4 mission focuses on three key pillars – Training and Education, Research, and Outreach. For more information about NCS4, call 601.266.6183 or visit ncs4.usm.edu.